Life at Xplor
If you bring your passion, your sincerity, your whole self to work, I am certain that together, we can make education great.Mark Woodland | Founder and CEO
Who we are
If you’re looking for a quiet, routine 9-to-5 job where your day is laid out for you then Xplor is probably not the right company for you. We think deeply, move fast and are constantly driven by our vision to relentlessly make education great.
And when we say we want to make it great, we mean it. We make sure everything we do honours that commitment – from the way we lead teams, all the way to how we engage with our customers and communities.
What sets Xplor apart
We believe that work is changing. We understand that what works for one person may not work for another. We want to work for all of our employees. That’s why we’ve created a vibrant environment that is adaptable to your employment experience expectations – and we can help you progress in your career whatever path you choose.
At Xplor, we have a flat hierarchy that values all of our people’s expertise. However long you call Xplor your home away from home, our culture is set up to accommodate diverse career expectations. What’s certain is that we’ll help you do great work here, you’ll join a friendly group of like-minded creative spirits – and you’ll have a lot of fun and learn along the way.
What we value
At Xplor we have four core values that guide us from how we hire and recognise our team members, to how we interact with our customers day to day: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change. The more these values sound like you and describe people you want to work with, the more likely you will thrive at Xplor.
We value individuals who believe their talents can be developed (through hard work, good strategies, and input from others). True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.
Think deeply, move quickly.
In a world where everything is moving so rapidly, simply being fast isn’t enough; you have to be faster than anyone and everyone. Things don’t happen by sitting back. Things don’t happen by watching or waiting for others.
Change is a natural and constant part of life, especially in such a fast-paced world that we live in today. While not all change feels good, if we can handle it and look at it in the right light, growth as well as good outcomes can come from embracing change.
Obsess over others.
Obsession is a powerful and potentially positive mental state. An obsession, by definition, is something that excessively preoccupies the mind. We should always be thinking about each other, helping in tough situations and celebrating the good.
Perks and Benefits
I just want people to love their work wherever they do it.Mark Woodland
Our focus on perks and benefits is to offer everything Xplorers need to do their best, work and keep learning. These perks and benefits are on-top of our teams normal working rights.
- Flexible Working: Work from home and remote working options.
- Family Leave: 10 days paid extended, flexible carers leave.
- Little Xplorers Leave: 10 weeks paid parental leave.
- Orbit Leave: 8 weeks working holiday.
- Getting together: Frequent company celebrations and social events
- Employee Support: Childcare discount, mental health support for you and your family.
- Reward Leave: Special leave to recognise special achievements.
- Recognition Leave: 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with the company.
- Volunteer leave: 5 days paid per year refreshed yearly on your work anniversary.
- Growth Mindset Investment: $1,500 for learning and development.
- Gravity: A retreat that occurs once a year for top performers.
- Zenith: A retreat that occurs once a year for leaders.
- Discover: A retreat that occurs once a year for the entire vertical.
- Competitive Salary: Our salary formula ensures you are paid fairly, adjusting for experience.
- Employee Discounts: Apple, JB HIFI, Qantas, Roses Only
- Salary Sacrificing: Pre-tax income to buy a range of everyday items.
Ready to get on board?
If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, you don’t ask what seat. You just get on.Sheryl Sandberg | COO Facebook
How to apply
Apply with your CV and a brief cover letter to an open position on our Job Openings page and we’ll be in contact as soon as we can.
If there isn’t an open role right for you, submit your details to any of the “Future Opportunities” listed and we’ll be in touch about new roles that may fit your skills and experience.
Our recruitment process
Our standard process includes 4 steps: phone screen, onsite values-based interview, practical work assessment, and final interview that includes meeting your potential new team members.
Overall, the process can take 2-4 weeks once phone screens have been completed and we strive to accommodate everyone’s schedules and needs throughout.
Questions? Contact our recruitment team at [email protected]