We’re opening up our resources, free.
During COVID-19, we’re opening up our Childcare 2020 report free to the sector (normally $1,029). We’re hoping you’ll be able to gather some valuable sector insight to help you accelerate growth when we get through this uncertain period.
The National Childcare Survey survey had over 2,100 respondents across Australia, making it the most comprehensive benchmarking study of the early years sector.
Some of the topics covered & highlights:
- Occupancy Drivers: High occupancy services make $71K more profit annually. Deep dive into the value-add services driving occupancy.
- Seasonality: Occupancy in both the LDC and OSHC segments vary by up to 25% due to seasonality.
- NQS Rating Impact: Services exceeding the NQS charge 7% higher fees. Learn how Quality Area ratings impact key performance indicators.
- Nutrition is a differentiation: Services that put a focus on nutrition reported $187k more in revenue, driven by higher average daily rates and occupancy.
- Improving Cash flow: Services utilising Xero as their accounting software reported a saving of $11k per annum, driven by lower staff costs.
XPLOR RESEARCH: For services, the first step in running your business is understanding it. Xplor Research is helping services achieve that goal, making it easier to gain insights and implement strategies off the back of these studies. Since its introduction in 2018, the amount of data collected — and the insight gained — has been groundbreaking.
- Visit the COVID-19: Childcare Resources for latest news updates, understanding your responsibilities are to parents & children during the COVID-19 pandemic, when you should close your service, and how to get financial advice & assistance, and other key childcare-related information.
- Please visit the Department of Education, Skills and Employment Frequently Asked Questions for more information for providers and services and Coronavirus (COVID-19) for the latest education and training sector fact sheets.
- The CCS Helpdesk is available to assist with information for services to help them manage the impacts on their business. Please email the CCS Helpdesk on [email protected], send in your query via an online form or call 1300 667 276 between 9.00 am — 5.00 pm (AEDST), Monday to Friday.
Please make sure that if you are a child care provider or service you have subscribed to receive communications from the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.