QA1: Key Insights
The aim of Quality Area 1 of the National Quality Standard is to ensure that:
- the educational program and practice is stimulating and engaging.
- The implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) was designed to drive ongoing improvements within Australia’s childcare sector.
- 1 in 4 services aren’t meeting the National Quality Standards (NQS).
QA1: Policies Guide
Quality Area 1 focuses on ensuring that the educational program and practice of educators are child-centred, stimulating and maximise opportunities for enhancing and extending each child’s learning and development. It recognises that a quality program that builds on children’s individual knowledge, strengths, ideas, culture, abilities and interests is likely to have long-term benefits for children and for the broader society.
- See what assessors looks for in A&R
- Learn how to improve your ratings in QA1
- Handy tips on preparing your service for assessment
- How Xplor supports best practice
Quality Area 1
Download the free guide for more information.
Updated for 2020: now with a new Policies & Procedures section.