Trusted by over 1,500+ services
Quality Area 1
The aim of Quality Area 1 of the National Quality Standard is to ensure that:
- the educational program and practice is stimulating and engaging.
- enhances children’s learning and development.
- In school age care services, the program nurtures the development of life skills and complements children’s experiences, opportunities and relationships at school, at home and in the community.
Quality Area 2
All children have the right to experience quality education and care in an environment that provides for their physical and psychological wellbeing and provides support for each child’s growing competence, confidence and independence.
The aim of Quality Area 2 under the National Quality Standard is to:
- safeguard and promote children’s health and safety
- minimise risks and protect children from harm, injury and infection.
Quality Area 3
The way that the environment is designed, equipped and organised determines the way that the space and resources are used and has the potential to maximise children’s engagement and level of positive experience and inclusive relationships.
The aim of Quality Area 3 under the National Quality Standard is to ensure that:
- the physical environment is safe
- suitable and provides a rich and diverse range of experiences that promote children’s learning and development.
Quality Area 4
The aim of Quality Area 4 under the National Quality Standard is to ensure:
- the provision of qualified and experienced educators
- coordinators and nominated supervisors who are able to develop warm, respectful relationships with children
- create safe and predictable environments
- encourage children’s active engagement in the learning program.
Quality Area 5
The aim of Quality Area 5 under the National Quality Standard is to:
- promote relationships with children that are responsive, respectful
- promote children’s sense of security and belonging.
- Relationships of this kind free children to explore the environment and engage in play and learning.
Quality Area 6
The aim of Quality Area 6 under the National Quality Standard is to: and that community partnerships that are based on active communication, consultation and collaboration are also essential.
- recognise that collaborative relationships with families are fundamental to achieving quality outcomes for children
- and that community partnerships that are based on active communication, consultation and collaboration are also essential.
Quality Area 7
The aim of Quality Area 7 under the National Quality Standard is to:
- support effective leadership and management of the service that contributes to quality environments for children’s learning and development.
- Well-documented policies and procedures, well-maintained records, shared values, clear direction and reflective practices enable the service to function as a learning community.
Increase your bookings
Learn more about how Xplor Space can help your service.