Running a business can be difficult so it helps to have to access to quality software programs you can trust. The right CCS software will save you time and money in the long run, and make managing your business a whole lot easier. So how do you choose the right software for your needs? Here are some tips to help you decide.
32% of respondents are dissatisfied with the level of customer support provided by their CCS software.National survey for The Early Years Insights – Sept 2019
According to the recent National survey for The Early Years Insights, the main reason childcare service providers changed their CCS software in 2019 was due to a lack of support. Based on the results 32% of respondents were dissatisfied with the level of customer support, 29% thought the software was missing specific features, while 27% felt there were too many technical issues and outrages. Other reasons included usability and outdated software. Only 15% cited price as the reason for changing.
Factors to consider when choosing CCS software
Choosing the best CCS software for your needs can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be if you keep the following factors in mind when making your decision.
- Integration – most service providers indicated that they wanted a software management program that integrated with other solutions – the most common being accounting followed by programming and planning. If you are operating a number of software programs, this capability may be worth evaluating.
- Customer Support -make sure you choose a software program that offers excellent customer support. You will be using this software to manage your business so having help on hand when you need it is essential.
- Training Resources – some software solutions allow for multiple training formats which can accommodate a variety of learning styles within your team. Before you make your decision, find out whether there are any limitations or hidden costs associated with training.
- Cost – the best CCS software will embody all the features you need to run your child care centre. Don’t get tricked into paying for additional features that you will never use. Choose a software management system that suits your budget, and saves you time and money in the long run. If you are unsure about an app, ask for a free trial.
- Other Considerations – Think about the features you need. If communicating with parents is difficult, consider software that allows them to log in and see details about what their children did in the classroom that day. If bookkeeping is tough, choose an app with a simple payroll interface.
How CCS software impacts efficiency
Based on the survey, long day centres using Xplor have the highest average daily rates and the lowest staff costs. CCS software makes it easier to keep up with the daily demands of running a child care centre. With just a few quick taps on a screen, you can take care of a variety of administrative tasks, such as making CCS submissions and keeping track of your staff’s attendance.
The right CCS software for your childcare centre
Xplor was reported to be the most preferred software platform due to its innovative features, usability, and high-quality customer support. Childcare centres who use the software will be able to manage and automate all aspects of their operations, and access help when required. Users who need help with the platform will find that getting free phone support is easy and quick, with the average wait time being two minutes.
TO LEARN MORE about the impacts of CCS software on your childcare service, as well as some general insight into how technology can help automate your administration, each out to Xplor.